go to Navigation

Visa/immigration PolicyImmigration Policy

HOME>Campus Life>Visa/immigration Policy

Common required documents

  • passport
  • Application form for foreigner registration (Download)
  • 2 color photos (3 X 4 cm)
  • Process Fee : KRW 10,000 (Government revenue stamp)

Other required document as according to the statue

D-2 (overseas study)
  • A Certificate of enrollment (a certificate of student registration or a certificate of studentship)
D-4 (General training)
  • Certificate of registration (university associated language center)
  • Training Center establishment
  • Related certificate (miscellaneous training)
Foreigner registration card issuance
  • Foreigner Registration cards are issued at the Immigration Office under appropriate jurisdiction
Foreigner Registration card re-issuance
  • Reasons for re-issuance - Lost or stolen registration card
    - Damaged registration card
    - Lack of space for necessary items to be displayed
    - Changes in details on the existing card (name, sex, birth date and nationality)
  • Application for re-issuance must be made within 14 days of the above reasons
  • Required documents for re-issuance
    * Application form for re-issuance of foreinger registration card
    * Document stating reason for re-issuance application (where lost)
    * 1 color photo (3 x 4 cm)
    * Old registration card (if existing card is rendered useless from wear/tear, lack of space, or change of details arise as per Article 35 Section 1 of the Act)
    * Process fee : KRW10,000 (Government Revanue Stamp)
  • Re-issuance location :
Separate Issuance of Foreigner Registration Card
  • Foreigners applicable to the following must receive separately issued Foreigner Registraion Cards.
    * Foreigners who are listed as accompaniments to their parents or legal guardians on their registration cards, and have reached 17 years of age
    * Those seeking separate issuance of foreigner registration card due to departure or other such reasons of their parents/guardians
  • Separate applications for issuance of Foreigner Registration cards must be made within 60 days of reaching 17 years of age.
  • Required documents : Passport, 2 color photos (3 x 4cm), Foreigner registration card.
Reasons for requiring Foreigner Registration cards
  • The foreigner registration card must be returned to the Immigration Office upon following reasons
    * Final departure
    * Abandoning foreign citizenship and acquiring a Korean nationality within 14 days after acquiring Korean nationality
    * Upon death
    * Applicable for Foreigner Registration exemption
Change of Status of Stay
  • Foreigners must receive permission to change of status of their stay if they want to participate in new activities which is not relevant or permitted for current status
General Principles
  • As a general rule, foreingers seeking to participate in activities not permitted under their current status must first depart from Korea, obtain a new status that corresponds with the desired status, then re-enter Korea with the newly obtained status and status.